You’ve got kids, and you’re a busy family. So who in your house has the time in their day to plan out fun-filled, unique, kid-friendly adventures near Seattle every single weekend that will enthrall your children and make the most of every season?
No one does! Which is why ParentMap just published this book that does it for you.
52 Seattle Adventures With Kids, a Four-Season Guide just released November 1, and is available on Amazon as a paperback or for Kindle. It also should be available at your neighborhood bookstore.
I’m honored to be a contributing author to this new family adventure book along with several other terrific local writers.
Here’s why you need this book if you’re in the Seattle area and have kids or grandkids (or know someone who does–this book makes a great holiday gift!):
- The adventures are seasonal and year-round. I love that you can pull this book off the shelf any Saturday morning in March, or July, or November and immediately locate a fun, kid-friendly adventure perfect for the season.
- The book features many different types of outings. Sometimes you’re in the mood for a waterfall hike, while other days (and toddler moods) may scream for ice cream, or a new museum, or a blooming flower garden. This book features nature outings, culture outings, adventurous outings, weekend getaways, and lots more–there’s something for everyone.
- Rainy day activities abound. It rains in Seattle (have you noticed?) and this guidebook provides plenty of indoor adventures for those soggy fall and winter days.
- Most of the adventures are affordable and close to home. I love that his guidebook was created for Puget Sound families, and the majority of adventures are no more than an hour or two away, and accessible to many incomes.
- There’s a hashtag, too! Use the #YearofLivingAdventurously hashtag on instagram, twitter and facebook to share the family adventures you do in this book, and to see what adventures other local families are taking.
Here’s a sampling of some of my favorite adventures featured in 52 Seattle Adventures with Kids:
Beginning Bike Paths
Rad Skate Parks
Kid-friendly Indie Bookstores
Roaring Waterfall Hikes
Super Spray Parks
Bring on the Beach
Easy Apple Picking
Colorful Fall Hikes
Thrilling Indoor Pools
See Salmon Run
Secret Urban Hikes
Screaming-Fun Sledding Hills
Buy the book: 52 Seattle Adventures With Kids, a four-Season guide, various authors, edited by Elisa Murray, published by ParentMap.